Thursday, April 30, 2015

Our indoor camping trip


This was such a success, Dash really enjoyed every part of it. I may have been one of the worst night sleeps for me though. If you have an air mattress use it! sleeping on the floor was uncomfortable, but for him I would do it all over again.   
 When I think of camping food, I think hot-dogs! I chose the sides based on what Dash loves.

We had hot-dogs for dinner: Since their was no open fire in which to roast them over I broiled them in the oven.

 For our hot-dogs I bought the natures promise, they makes a much healthier version of the hot-dog, and we all like them.
For the roll I go to Trader Joes. They make whole wheat rolls.
Sweet potato fries, was our side, if you don't feel like cutting up sweet potatoes, Trader Joes sell them frozen.
Corn for our veggie, you can buy organic frozen also from Trader Joes.

For our camping dessert what else could we have other then smores!
Once again I couldn't cook the marshmallows, so Dash assembled them, and I baked them in the oven till the marshmallows melted.

Honey Maid does not use high fructose corn syrup, and are a better choice of graham crackers then some of the other brands. We also used a dark chocolate instead of a milk chocolate. not that I am trying to say smores are healthy, but we tried to just make  few good choices in there.







We watched "Harriet the Spy" before bed, which was a really cute movie (it's also a book, once Dash is a little older I want him to read it, he, he hasn't really read  chapter books yet). Then it was lights out!

No comments:

Post a Comment