Thursday, April 16, 2015

Wacky Wednesday Lesson Plan

In the story "Wacky Wednesday" written by Dr. Seuss nothing is as it should be, you will see shoes in weird spots, a worm chasing a bird, someone walking their pet alligator... I thought this would be great fun for a lesson plan! I want to have our own Wacky Wednesday. Although I could glue shoes on the ceiling, and bananas on an apple tree, I don't think I want to get that crazy, instead how about having everything backwards!  

 Reverse day!

Morning routine: Let your kids wear their pj's all day, instead of getting up and getting dressed. 

On a normal day for us right before bed is quiet time, so we are going to do some reading. I think we will read "Wacky Wednesday".


Breakfast: I hope everyone is hungry for their... dinner? I am going to make sweet potato and spinach hash (this has been a breakfast food for us before so not too weird) with oven fried chicken legs (just a little strange). 


Family time: Most nights we use the time after dinner to play games. My husband probably will be at work by this time but we will play a board game just the two of us then (Battleship or Guess Who are great two person games that we don't usually play because there are three of us).

Free time: Normally once all the school work is done for the day I give Dash free time to choose an activity to play on his own. However this is no normal day so he gets to play first, work later. 

 Art/Art History: The first piece of art that comes to mind for a day like today would be "The Persistence of Memory" by Salvador Dali 
Some say this painting is a subconscious painting something that does not exist in this world but an image from a dream or dreams Dali had. Almost of images being added as his dreams created them.  Read some of the theories behind this painting, I found it so interesting. While you are reading aloud have your child flip through magazines and cut out clips of different things they see, and like, and put them together to form a picture. 


Snack: On a typical day this would be our lunch time, so we will have fruit salad, a little healthier, and more substantial.

Music: Some songs about being crazy, wild, and young. "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley "Wild Thing" by the Troggs  "Forever Young" by Rod Stewart "I'm So Excited" by The Pointer Sisters "Best Song Ever" by One Direction "Wake Me Up" by Avicii 

Writing: How would you react if you were the character in the story "Wacky Wednesday"

Lunch: Sloppy Joe's in romain lettuce wraps (instead of on bread, mixing it up just a little)

Work books: Finally it's time to get that work done, spelling, math, grammar, and reading comprehension.

Breakfast: One of my favorite things is breakfast for dinner, and I will be making Pig in a Poke



You have done it! You have made it through one wacky day! I hope you all enjoy this, please comment and let me know how yours turns out, or if you had any ideas to add.




No comments:

Post a Comment