Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Fall Art Projects

Fall projects for toddlers - elementary age

This fall we made several different art projects from either Pinterest or just our own ideas. We had so much fun with them I thought I would share them with you. 




Apple Stampers

We Used
Apples (cut into different sizes)
Paint (I use for all my projects regular, non-toxic, washable, paints)
Paper (I use art paper because it's a little thicker and can handle a lot of paint)

This project is great for toddlers and up.



Spider Webs

We used 
Paint
Popsicle Sticks
Yarn

Wrapping the sticks with yarn was a little tricky, I recommend this project for 3rd grade and up.


Q-Tip Skeletons

We Used
Q-Tips (it took around 24 q-tips)
Paper
Glue
Markers

This project is more for elementary age, because getting the q-tips to stick and placing them properly could be a little difficult for younger children.






Paper Towel Trees

We Used
Paper towel rolls
Paint
Paper

For this project we used leaves we found outside as stampers, to make imprints for our base paper. We also cut holes in the sides of our trees and made woodland creatures getting ready to hibernate.

I recommend this for elementary grade students. 



Paper Lanterns 

We Used
Paper
Crayons
Construction paper
Tissue paper

Folding the bottom in was a little difficult, but with help I think Pre-K and up could do this.


Leaf Silhouettes

We Used 
Wax paper 
Leaves from outside
Paint
Glue stick

We went out and collected leaves, then we arranged them on our wax paper. We glued them down where we wanted them and then painted over the whole paper. Once the paper was covered, we pealed the leaves off the paper, leaving us with our leaf silhouettes. 

This was very simple and could be done with toddlers.



Hand Print and Paper Towel Roll Trees

We Used
Paper
Paint
Paper towel rolls (cut into leaf shapes)

We started off by painting our whole hand brown and stamping it onto the paper. Next we used the paper towel rolls that I squished to have an oval shape, dipped them in paint and stamped them all over our hand print. Dash left his just like that I decided to fill my stamps in with paint.

Although this project was messy, it was very easy and could be done with as young as a toddler.


Paper Towel Stamp Pumpkins

We Used
Paper 
Paint
Paper towel rolls

If you can't tell by now I love using left over paper towel rolls. Anytime I don't have to buy an art supply is a win. I also use Toilet paper rolls for some of the projects. I use egg cartons for paint palets as well, it's one less thing I have to clean, when we are all done. 

This project was pretty simple, the inner circle kept slipping, I think if I were to do it with younger kids I would just use one circle.



Rolled Paper Pumpkins

We Used
Paper (I cut orange and green paper into thin strips)
Glue

This project was fun and really had no guidelines which I love. Your child does need to be able to roll the paper, so this project may be better suited for elementary grades. 



Potato Stamper Turkeys

We Used
Potatoes (I cut up two potatoes, and using a butter knife I carved the little feather lines into it)
Paint
Paper
Glue
Construction paper (for the turkey's body and beak) 
Markers (just for details like the eyes)

First off let me just say I LOVE POTATO STAMPERS! You can make so any different designs and they are so easy to work with even for little hands. We used ours as turkey feathers. We stamped the background paper all over with the potatoes, and then glued our turkey's body over it. 

If you do the cutting, this project can really be done with any age.



Scrappy Turkeys (I call it this because we made them from left over scraps)
I got the idea from here

We Used
Scrap paper (if paper left over is a decent size I always save it)
Markers
Glue
Paper

First we used our markers to decorate the back round. Next we shaped our turkey's body and glued them down. Finally we decorated them all silly with paper and markers. 

This project requires a lot of cutting, so I would say it is better suited for elementary age students. 


Thanksgiving Hats

We Used
Construction Paper
Paper
Glue

This project requires a lot of cutting, it is also better suited for elementary age students. 


I hope you all enjoyed seeing what we have been up to. This has been such a fun fall, we really enjoyed making these art projects, and using the holidays and environment to inspire us.  I am excited to now start thinking about what kind of winter and Christmas themed art projects we will be getting into. I will keep you all posted on projects we found successful. 




No comments:

Post a Comment